Monday, March 12, 2012

Arguing with God?

I was reading through my Calm My Anxious Heart, Bible study today and it was talking about being content with "me". It pointed out that when we start picking out things about ourselves that we don't like, that we are in reality, arguing with God. Now I often wish I could get rid of my love handles or that I had solid 6-pack abs and I do try to workout in order to get there. Am I arguing with God?? I need to make sure that I'm not doing my workouts because I don't look like the actress on the movie I just watched or the bikini model that popped up on tv. I need to make my focus of my workouts about taking care of the body that God gave me, not "improving" what God gave me. We can never "improve" what God has done, but yet we don't want to just let it get out of control either. So for this week, I'm going to try to focus on working out in order to take care of the body God gave me and think of it as "up keep" for my temple!


"Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself"- 1 Corinthians 6:9 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment