Wednesday, March 28, 2012

James 1:2-3

Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
James 1:2-3



My best friend from high school came to visit last week and made and gave to me anencouragement/verse jar. I LOVE it! I have decided to not only pull out a verse once a day or whenever I need a little lifting up from the Lord's Word, but last night I pulled one out and decided that I am going to memorize this verse. James 1:2-3 happened to be the verse I pulled out. It is SO appropriate for me right now! I'm not "joyful" in my trials yet, but I'm SLOWLY learning to trust God and His plan in every part of my life. I have not arrived at this point, but I feel that I am make great leaps and bounds toward getting there. I do see, how trials test my faith and help me to persevere in the faith. I can see how different times in my life, that were not good points of my life, brought me to where I am today. I see how God used those things to do His will. That is why I have to trust that even when I don't understand WHY God is doing certain things in my life, that He is in control and He knows what the plan is and He will work it out in the end! Isn't that one of the beautiful things about trusting God, NO matter what happens, God makes sure we win in the end!!!


So, as I'm memorizing this verse, it is helping remind me that going through the "tough days" is just a part of God's plan and that it is strengthening my faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment