Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The beauty of God's creation

Have you ever looked at the world around you and thought of how amazing it is that God created EVERYTHING!? Kansas is often thought of as a boring, nothing there kind of state. It is known for it's flatness and nothing but telephone poles as far as the eye can see, but after living here for my whole 20 some years, I see the true beauty of God's creation right here. In the spring time, the pastures are green and lush, as it gets close to wheat harvest the golden wheat waves like the sea in the wind and all through the year there are numerous breath-taking sunsets painted by God's hand alone. There have been many times that I've looked up at the gorgeous blue sky and thought only God could have made such a beautiful sky blue. At night when I see the millions and millions of stars (we can see SO many stars out here, since we don't have street lights) I think of when God told Abraham that his descendants would outnumber the stars....that's ALOT!!! It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this world, but sometimes we just need to stop and take a look around and find the beauty that is there EVERYDAY.



I was going to post a verse or two from Genesis 1, but then I realized that it's ALL so good, so go check it out for yourself!!!








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The wonders of His creation always amazes me. Thanks for this beautiful reminder:) I recently had the same thought when I was at the beach, I remembered God's promise to Abraham to give him descendents as the sand on the shore. What a faithful God! Thanks for visiting my blog today:) www.toshowthemjesus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Our God truly is AMAZING! Your blog is great and thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

      Delete