Sunday, January 20, 2013

Thinking about Modesty

Modesty. I don't know what goes through your head when you hear that word, but I know my thoughts have changed throughout the years. When I was a teen, I thought it was an old-fashioned word that my parents used to try to get me to wear some not always cool things and to limit my wardrobe choices. My parents probably weren't the strictest, but I didn't push the limits too far either, in my opinion. But after being a married woman and now a mother of a energetic 3 year old, my views have changed. There is nothing worse than sitting in church wearing a skirt that's not too short when your standing and if you are careful when you are sitting, but then having your son climb all over you and soon your sitting there too worried about what might be hanging out to worry about what your child is doing!!! {this may or may not have happened to me -wink-}
 
 So this summer, I bought this amazing maxi dress and fell in LOVE! It is from venus.com . I just wear a tank underneath and it is GREAT because I don't have to worry about what might be popping out the bottom or the top! (venus has many not so modest outfits, but if you look around there are some good finds and you can adapt some of them if needed.)
Pinned Image 
 That maxi dress started my obsession with maxi dresses/skirts.
Then just after Christmas I found a plain black strapless maxi dress at Old Navy on clearance and bought it and just wear a shirt over it so that it is basically a skirt. It works perfectly! Now I'm looking to find/make more maxi skirts and dresses...they just may become a staple for me! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. It's like wearing comfy pants, but it's a skirt!
    
"Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works." - 1 Timothy 2:9-10
 


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful dress. Makes me wish for summer!

    ReplyDelete