Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Respecting our Children

This morning, I sent my happy little three year old out the door with a mug of hot chocolate (like Daddy's mug of coffee), his water bottle and a bag of snacks/toys so that he could go ride with his Daddy in the truck for part of the day. The look on his little face was one of pride, importance and absolute joy. As he walked out to meet Daddy at the truck and I watched all of this play out on his face, it struck me; just how important it is that we SHOW our children that they are loved and SHOW them that they are important.
He doesn't get to go with Daddy everyday, but when he can we let him because we know that he loves it and it makes him feel special.
Sadly there are many children in our country and around the world, who don't get to feel special very often, if ever! That's a sad reality, but we have to realize that we need to be sure every single day that we show our children just how special they are.
They may be our children and we may be in authority over them, but that in no way means that we don't owe them some respect. Even a small child's attitude can make a huge change with just a small amount of respect from his parents.


  "All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children." Isaiah 54:13
 
 
 "Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged." Colossians 3:21



5 comments:

  1. Children...God's greatest gift to a man and woman.
    I write a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children definately are God's greatest gift!! And thanks for following, I'll have to come check out your blog as well!

      Delete
  2. Love this post and completely agree - you sound like the BEST Mama - your son is beyond blessed!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Brittney...I might be blushing ;) haha! I must admit though, I have plenty of not-so-good-mama days...but everyday is a new day!

      Delete