Saturday, April 27, 2013

Waiting on the Lord

This morning as I was reading in Psalms, this verse just really spoke to me.
 
"Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:14- NIV
 
I also like this version:
 
"Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!"
Psalm 27:14- NKJV
 
 I do in fact feel as if I've been waiting on the Lord for the past 2 years and still am in regards to having a child. Now we are beginning another journey of waiting on the Lord. Waiting on the opportunity to take in the right children and hopefully adopting those children.
Every time I see a new face on the adoption web site, I get excited. Then I have to take a real look at the logistics of taking in 3 or 4 children (because they are always a sibling group of that size) and consider being a parent to that particular age group (they also always have one or two maybe three in the age range we are looking for, but then there is at least one that is quite a bit older than we were thinking). In the end, I just ask God to give us wisdom and guidance and to let us know when the right child or children come up.
 
There may be many types of things that you are waiting on the Lord for. But please realize, as I have to do everyday, that God's timing is best, even if we don't understand it.
 
 
Wait on the Lord and HE will strengthen you heart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment