Friday, June 14, 2013

Loving the hurting

We are settling into life with three kids. It's been a pretty easy transition with the main difference being that I'm more tired in the evenings and my husband has realized that I have a much greater need to have "grown up" talk with him in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed! haha!
Having the girls here has shown me even more how God's command to care for the widows and orphans needs to be followed. These girls aren't exactly orphans, but they need care, love and essentially the same thing that God would want us to give to orphans.
There are so many hurting people out in the world. Children who are so young have experienced things that I have never had to even think of experiencing in my 20 odd years! It's so sad! As the body of Christ we need to be ready and willing to help the hurting ones in this world that can't help themselves. I'm not saying you need to be a foster parents, but there are numerous ways you could help children in need. Foster care agencies are short handed in every conceivable way, big brothers big sisters is a great way to connect with a child that needs a good role model, donating money or items to foster care agencies or other agencies that work with children in need are just a sample of ways to help out.
 If you truly want to help, I'm sure you can come up with hundreds of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment