Monday, September 23, 2013

Women Living Well: Finding Joy in God, Your Man, Your Kids and Your Home

I was honored with the opportunity to be a part of the Women Living Well book launch team. Courtney Joseph of womenlivingwell.org wrote this book and to say that I was excited to get a early peek at the book would be a major understatement!
I ran across the blog about a year and a half ago and loved how Courtney strives to live out the Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 kind of woman's role. This is something that has become so foreign in our society and I am so often encouraged by her blog posts.
I was quite excited when I heard she was writing a book and could not believe I actually got the chance to read the book early!!
 
 
I loved the tips for improving our marriages. How many times do we truly put our husbands first? Courtney mentioned how when she takes a cake to a women's meeting, there is always a piece missing because she gives her husband the first one! Such a small gesture, but such a big message for our husbands!!!
 
The reminder of how we simply need to turn to God and study His word  when we want to improve our skills of being a wife, mother or homemaker was amazing! What better advice is there than to turn to God for whatever you want to get better at? He was the perfect man after all!
Also, reading about how we need to have calm, quiet moments in order to truly see and hear what God wants us to learn was something I often do not take enough time for in my crazy days!
 
We also have to be careful that we do not compare our lives and families to the "picture perfect" lives of family and friends that we are presented with through all the social media we are a part of these days. It is also important that our families are not so busy that we don't have time to spend with God together.
 
With regards to media, we need to be vigilant that what we are watching or listening to is something we would be willing to be a part of in Jesus' presence. If we'd be ashamed to see it with Jesus in the flesh, with us we shouldn't be seeing it at all!
 
Basically the book makes me want to strive to treat my husband with utmost respect and show that to him in any way I can. I also see that when I feel like I'm failing at something, I simply need to turn to God and see what His word has to say about that certain subject.
 It is important that we don't get caught up in the social media craze and that we stay present in our real life pursuits. We have families, friends and even strangers that need the real life US! We can use social media for good, but we have to make sure that we don't let it control our life. 
When we bring media into our homes, we need to be extremely careful that it is uplifting and not contradictory to God's word. 
In this crazy, fast paced world we live in we have to take time to make our homes a place of rest and peace for us and our families. It should be a place that we can refuel and be able to listen to what God is trying to tell us.
After reading this book, I simply want to strive for a "better" me. It is easy to go about our day to day duties and just become "satisfied" with the way we live. But we need to constantly be striving to become a better daughter of the King, wife, mother or whatever other hat we may wear. There should never be a time when we feel as if we've "arrived", there is always room for improvement.
This book has helped me see that I always want to be improving!

The book is being released on October 1st!! You can preorder it now and I encourage you to do so!!
 
 
 
Now for a sampling of quotes from the book:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was chosen as a part of the launch team for this book and was given a PDF version of the book in exchange for an honest review and promotion of the book.

To read more reviews from some of the other "launch team" members click on the link below:

Women Living Well Blog Tour

Women Living Well Blog Tour





No comments:

Post a Comment