Monday, January 19, 2015

Great Time-Saving tip for Sam's shoppers!

So I did my once a month shopping trip last week (yes, it was in the middle of the month and yes, we had been out of milk for almost 4 days...crisis in our house!) Anyway, I need to go into more detail how doing the bulk of our grocery shopping, once a month is working out for us. That shall be for another day, though.
Back to this trip. We got our Sam's savings book in the mail a few weeks ago and before I went shopping I was looking through it to see if any of the deal were on things we needed. While looking in there I saw they had this thing called Club Pick-up. I remembered that a friend from church said that she had used it when picking up a business order and kind of explained how it worked. From her story, I just kind of assumed this was only something they did with business memberships, but from the booklet it looked like it didn't matter-if you had a membership, you could do it. I was intrigued and decided to try it. You have to go online to their website, create an account and then pick your store. Then you simply create a shopping list (which they will save for you for future orders) and put the items in your cart. At the end you can choose to pay online or at pickup. You also choose a time and day to pickup. I ended up not being able to go the day I choose, but they say they keep the order for two days after your pickup date, so it was not a problem. When I got there I simply gave them my name and they went to get my things. My husband had ended up needing something that I had not put on my order and they had no problem with me going to get it and adding it to my total. So they brought out the cart filled with my items, I paid and was on my way to fill up my car with my goodies! It did take a bit longer for them to bring my items than I expected, but it was still probably within the 10 minute range. So much better than dragging my baby, in his car seat and my 5 year old the whole way through the store with that HUGE cart and all the HUGE items! (I am only 5'3 and a tiny little gal after all)
I completely recommend the  Club Pick-up if you know what items you need and have a day in advance to put your order in. It's just so stinking handy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment